Monday 21 January 2013

Today was an exciting day for SEALS Swim to Survive ultra-marathon swim across Lake Huron.  Today the swim was added to the Solo Swims of Ontario aspirants list for 2013!

Training this winter is going well.  I am training Monday - Friday, a combination of cardio-endurance, both in the pool and on land, and strength training in the weight room.  

At this time my training schedule is setup around my work schedules and goes a little like this:

Monday 6am spin class and noon 1-1.5 hour swim
Tuesday noon or 5pm strength training
Wednesday 6am spin class or 45 minute run and noon 1-1.5 hour swim
Thursday noon or 5pm
Friday 6am spin and noon 1.5 - 2 hour swim

And I still get lots of outdoor cardio with the dogs, both at home and at work!

I am becoming more and more tech savy through this whole process.  Now that I have figured out blogging, I will begin updating you with my training, ways you can help support the cause, and upcoming events!

I love answering questions, so fire away!

2 comments:

  1. Exciting to see this huge undertaking unfold. Will be making every effort to help in whatever way I can.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I am so happy to have your support.
      Lesley

      Delete